- Add four planter boxes under railings on front balcony and fill with white annuals or perennials…whatever is in bloom and will spill through the railings. OSH $54.99 each.
- Power wash balcony tile and remove everything but new planter boxes.
- Ensure all exterior lights are working and that same color bulbs are used.
- Prune, weed and mulch both side of driveway.
- Keep rubbish bins in garage.
- Soften long run of front steps with 3 clusters of potted of grass. 9 pots OSH $14.99 ea.
- Buy larger pot in same color for right of front door and fill with white annuals.
Add bench to left of front door (max 15″x48″).
- Freshen up panting beds with ¼ yard of new bark – “Fir Bark ¾-inch Clean” American Soil Products 510-292-3000.
- Power wash paving stones, weed, and mulch.
- Add fountain on house wall. Fountain featured below is at OSH for $249.99 and provides for enough water drop to offset some traffic noise.
- Area needs a larger table and 4 chairs.
- Power wash all hard surfaces.
- Add wall art opposite slider off Family Room. Luxedecore.com $217.80.
- Use console table from bedroom down here.
- Replace burned out bulbs in entry can lights.
- Add small potted orchid to powder room.
- Remember to vacuum out exhaust fan.
- Install shade on lower window to match bedroom shade with linen ticking.
- Add chandelier to this space. I don’t love this chandelier but it’s a huge cost-effective improvement as it fills the space and sort of ties in with the dining room fixture.
Torino Bronze 3Lt. Chandelier w/Inverted Bowl $242.10 4houselighting.com.
Large scale art on cement wall with runner below.
- Thorough cleaning inside cabinets and appliances.
- Remove décor and add potted herbs to atrium window.
- Island could really use a dramatic potted orchid.
- Area rug and smaller scale furniture to make room feel larger and warmer.
- This room needs to be elegant. The comparable house had a very elegant living room. Plush area carpet, large scale art, and seating oriented to outside as there isn’t a fireplace in this room.
- Replace bulbs so all light is the same and warmer.
- Add potted orchid and fluffy new white towels.
- Vacuum exhausted vent.
- Remove shower curtain and make sure cabinets are cleaned.
- Remove console, add potted ivy, and decorative throw pillows for bed.
- Replace center blind and adjust furniture closer to closet leaving more room by window.
- Add greenery (potted ivy) and decorative pillows for bed.
- Stage as bedroom/office.
- Move desk from master in to this room.
- Add greenery.
- Use area rug to help define this large space.
- Add arm chair and small table.
- Remove dresser and mirror from room.
- Add decorative pillows for bed.
- Add greenery.
- Replace bulbs in master closet.
- Clean exhaust vent and remove sticker from replaced toilet.
- Add potted orchid and fluffy new white towels stacked next to spa bath.
- Thoroughly wash glass shower doors to remove any hard water scale.
- Replace light bulbs so all match.
- All windows need to be cleaned inside and out.
- Exterior hard surfaces should be power washed.
- Interior wood surfaces (floors and cabinets) to be washed down with Murphy’s Oil Soap
- Front door and threshold need to be washed down with Murphy’s.
- Replace bulbs throughout with warm LED’s. Agent will be leaving lights while on the market to best showcase this home.
- Rub a white candle on the upper furnace closet door edge so it doesn’t stick.
- Entry closet rubs against floor tile. Place a small piece of cardboard behind the lower hinge to push out slightly and eliminate the scrape.
- A thorough cleaning and high dusting will make this home appear new.