- Remove existing plantings.
- Flank front door with traditional boxwood topiaries (OSH $149.99).
- Lemon Bottlebrush (OSH $24.99) between the windows and on each end of the main house façade.
- Lemon Bottlebrush (OSH $24.99) between boxwood topiaries (OSH $149.99) for some needed height.
Freshen up panting beds with ¼ yard of new bark – “Fir Bark ¾-inch Clean” American Soil Products 510-292-3000.
Armstrong Arterna vinyl floor tile in Tuscan Path –Cameo Brown. Floor Store, Brian 510-527-3203. If substitution needs to be made, choose option that most closely matches the fireplace surround.
The intention is to not add another hard surface material (faux matching fireplace) that doesn’t match anything else.
Install square (not diagonal) for a quick and simple fix.
Master BR Carpet
- Recommend good, mid –range neutral carpet $900-1,200.00 installed from the Floor Store , Richmond.
- Armstrong Arterna vinyl floor tile in Carrera Marble Gray.
Front door and shutters – Benjamin Moore Essex Green EXT. RM
- Trim – color match existing with Benjamin Moore Exterior
in contractor grade. This slightly duller finish will allow for quick touch-up’s as needed around the home and avoid a full repaint.
- Dining Room, Den, and Master BR walls – Benjamin Moore White Sand 964 eggshell
- All other walls – Benjamin Moore Spanish White OC-35 eggshell
- All trim – Benjamin Moore White Chocolate OC-127 satin finish
- Bathroom vanities – Benjamin Moore Tapestry Beige OC-32 semi-gloss
- All ceilings – Benjamin Moore Cloud White OC-130 flat
Kitchen and Family Room Beams – Benjamin Moore Arbor Coat Semi-Transparent Blanched Almond 1060
The beams are grungy, set too far apart, and weighing these rooms down while drawing attention to the popcorn ceiling. They would look best primed and painted out in trim.