- Clear ivy off of tree trunks and limbs as well as low deadwood branches. We don’t want to lose any privacy but the street view should look more inviting.
- Ideally the crumbled edge of the asphalt would be patched but
- Power wash front steps and driveway.
- Remove dead plants from elevated planting bed and replant with ornamental and drought tolerant grasses.
- Dress elevated planting bed with new mulch. “Forest Floor” from American Soil products works well but anything dark that doesn’t look like bark will be fine.
- The large panted retaining wall at the top of driveway needs a focal point. Two tall planters will do the trick.
- Freshen up the cushion on the front porch bench.
Belham Living Valencia 16 x 16 in. Tall Planter
Item # HN-MMI104 $119.99 Hayneedle.com
American Soil Products
2121 San Joaquin Street, Bldg. A
Richmond, CA 94804
East Bay Nursery
2332 San Pablo Ave, Berkeley, CA 94702
24200 Clawiter Road
Hayward, CA 94545
- Clean carpet in entry closet.
- Replace missing baseboard in laundry and touch up paint.
Living Room/Dining Room
- Clean carpet (living) and wash windows.
- Touch up cubbies with paint and freshen up bench cushion.
- It’s OK to keep some storage on the fantastic shelves in the garage. Cluster stored items so that almost all shelves are clear.
- There is spot on hardwood next to the refrigerator that should be addressed.
- Recommendations for stager include adding an area rug for warmth and creating an outdoor seating area that feels like a continuation of the space.
- Patch and paint inside the closet.
- Remove shower curtain.
- Repair baseboard on accent wall and touch up paint throughout room.
- Remove extension cord and light from closet.
- Clean carpet.
- Touch up paint and clean carpet.
- Clean skylight.
- Repair flooring in closet and touch up paint.
- Power wash patio and steps.
- If needed, use bankers boxes to put stow small/loose items away in the garage.
- Buyers will open top drawers in the bathrooms and kitchen. Triple check that these are all clean.
- The less buyers perceive “needs to be done” the more buyers better selling price. The touch ups and maintenance needed to prepare this home for the market are minimal.