- Dress side garden and parking strip with a layer of new mulch (not bark) after weed removal and trimming.
- Replant a mature shrub (or add new) to screen “dark hole” under porch .
- I have not seen behind the fence (side or rear garden if these exist) but these areas would be very important to buyers. Beds should be weeded and get a layer of mulch. Any growth overhanging walkways should be pruned and/or pulled back.
- Power wash entry walk and parking pad and driveway.
- Ensure rubbish bins are located behind fence.
- I have not seen behind the fence (side or rear garden if these exist) but these areas would be very important to buyers. Hard surfaces should be spray washed.
Ensure gates operate as smoothly as interior doors.
- Eliminate door mat and install this runner on the front steps and across to the far entry wall. This will lighten and freshen up the space creating an entry room as well as eliminating the need to repaint. Chevron stipe leads guests to the door. This is important as buyers will approach the front door from the side.
$74.99 Overstock.com Safavieh Indoor/ Outdoor Courtyard Dark Brown Rug (2’3 x 14′)
- Remove small flower boxes from the deck. These detract from the space and prevent prospective buyers from standing against the rail facing outward.
- Keep the terracotta planter where it is but make it a focal point by raising it up on a pedestal.
Weathered terracotta is more interesting and available at Omega Salvage (east side of San Pablo rear right corner of lot) or basic masonry pipe from the hardware store.